This post explains how to transfer your Design Master customization files from one computer to another.
This procedure is most often used when you purchase a new computer and install Design Master on it. The new computer will have the default customization installed on it. These steps will transfer your existing customization, saving your custom layers, options, and blocks.
- Find your customization path by running the DM->Help->Installation Settings command.
- Press the Open button to automatically browse to the folder in Windows Explorer.
- By default the customization folders are called Electrical Customization, HVAC Customization, and Plumbing Customization.
- Select the folders you wish to transfer and copy them to the medium of your choosing (thumb drive, cd, shared folder, etc) using any of the Windows copy commands.
- On the new computer, close any projects you have open and repeat steps 1 and 2 to find your customization path.
- Overwrite the folders with the ones you copied previously. Press Yes to All to overwrite the folder.