HVAC for AutoCAD
Design Master HVAC is a complete ductwork drafting and calculation software program that works directly inside AutoCAD and BricsCAD. Define the parameters of your project as you draft, then perform calculations within the software using those parameters. Make revisions that are accounted for throughout the design. Build your HVAC systems faster and more accurately with Design Master.
- Draft intelligent ductwork that responds to changes in your design
- Insert fittings automatically while you draft and modify them as needed
- Draw double-line ductwork as easily as single-line
- Lay out your diffusers and connect them to your ductwork
- Generate a diffuser schedule as you design your project
Adrienne Gould-Choquette, founder of Adicot, Inc, in Sarasota, FL, says that before using our software, “I was spending more time drafting than I was engineering. … Now I have more time to devote to the design.”
Learn more about duct and diffuser layout. . .
- Size your entire system with a single command, using criteria defined by you
- Make duct-by-duct changes to sizing criteria
- Calculate airflow distribution based upon the building definition and diffusers in your project
Compared to Revit MEP, Senior Project Manager Joshua Lukacs of Design West in San Bernardino, CA, says our software “lets you work far more efficiently – it’s about 50% faster in production.”
Learn more about CFM and sizing calculations. . .
- At the press of a button, calculate pressure drop based upon your drafted layout
- Easily make revisions and recalculate – no data entry required
- Automatically determine the critical path in your system
“No more manually entering third-party load calculations – now it’s a one-step process,” says Michael Holland, mechanical engineer at Sherlock, Smith & Adams in Montgomery, AL.
Learn more about pressure loss calculations. . .
- Fully define building location, temperature ranges, materials, and more
- Calculations use rooms that can be drawn directly over your architect’s plans
- Assign and configure zones
- Generate print-ready load calculation reports, ventilation schedules, and psychrometrics based upon your building definition and system layout
“I was instantly converted when I saw how it automatically calculates heating and cooling loads,” says Paul Kenney of Proficient Engineering in Atlanta, GA.
Learn more about heating and cooling load calculations. . .
- Generate a full 3D model based upon your 2D layout
- Export to IFC and DWG for use in Navisworks and Revit
Find out why Will Davis, mechanical engineer at MEP Associates’ office in Norman, OK, uses our software “for all the design work I do, including BIM and 3D modeling.”
Learn more about 3D drafting and BIM compatibility. . .