What Is Stored in the Customization Folders
All three Design Master programs create a “Customization” folder when all of your custom settings are stored. The files include:
- Master and standards databases
- Block drawings
Where the Folders are Located
The location of this folder depends upon whether you installed Design Master on your local drive for a single user, or on your network for multiple users.
- Local Drive, Single-User: The customization folder is stored in your Windows user data folder.
- Windows Vista or 7: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Design Master Software\<HVAC or Electrical or Plumbing> Customization
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Design Master Software\<HVAC or Electrical or Plumbing> Customization
- Network Drive, Multiple-Users: The customization folder is stored in a subfolder where you installed the software. If you installed it to “N:\Design Master Software”, then the customization will be stored at “N:\Design Master Software\<HVAC or Electrical or Plumbing> Customization”.
Backing Up the Customization Folder
To back up your Design Master installation, the most important files to protect are the ones in your customization folder. The files in the main Design Master folder are part of the standard installation package and can be easily recreated by reinstalling the software.
You should include all of the customization folders in your normal back up routine.
Moving the Customization Folder to a New Computer
If you made customizations to Design Master and need to move it to a new computer, copy the whole folder from one computer to the other. You should install Design Master on the new computer first so that the customization folder exists. When you copy the files, overwrite the ones that are already there.
There are two situations where this commonly happens:
- You are a single-user and you purchased a new computer. In this case, you need to copy the files from the local folder on your original computer to the local folder on your new computer.
- You are moving from a single-user to a multiple-user installation. In this case, you need to copy the files from your local folder to the network folder.