It is possible to run multiple versions of AutoCAD on your computer. You can configure Design Master HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing to run in all of the versions of AutoCAD you have installed.
Make sure that you install the versions of AutoCAD in order of release. If you want AutoCAD 2006, 2008, and 2010 installed, make sure you install AutoCAD 2006 first, then AutoCAD 2008, then AutoCAD 2010. If you do not follow this order, AutoCAD will get confused and the installs will corrupt each other.
You install our software in each version of AutoCAD the same way:
- Open the “install.dwg” file in the “Admin” folder where Design Master is installed.
- Type APPLOAD at the command line.
- Browse to the “Admin” folder.
- Select the VLX file that corresponds to the program you are loading and press the “Load” button.
- HVAC: hvac-loadInAutoCAD.vlx
- Electrical: elec-loadInAutoCAD.vlx
- Plumbing: plumb-loadInAutoCAD.vlx
- Press the “Close” button.
- Select the type of install you are doing (Local, Network, or Network Laptop).
- Repeat these steps for any other versions of AutoCAD you have installed.