Q: Can I set a room, wall, or similar schedule group as the default when I start new projects?
A: We do not currently support default schedule groups. However, there is a workaround that will place your preferred group at the top of the list, and therefore be selected when you run the Start New HVAC Project command. The instructions below are for rooms, but this is applicable to city, roof, wall, door, and glass schedule groups as well.
- Run the Room Master Schedule command.
- Ribbon: DMH: Customization->Master & Standards Customization-> Room Master Schedule
- Pulldown Menu: DM HVAC->Building Definition->Rooms->Room Master Schedule
- Press the Select Group button to open the Room Master Schedule Groups dialog box.
- Select your preferred schedule group from the list and press the Rename button.
- Add an underscore (_) to the beginning of the group name, then press the OK button.
- Example: Rename “General” to “_General”
The next time you run the Start New HVAC Project command, the room schedule group you renamed will be selected in the Rooms field.
NOTE: This is less effective if there are multiple schedule groups of the same type with an underscore at the beginning of their names. If you want to change which schedule group is at the top of the list, you must also remove the underscore from any other schedule group names.