With a few easy steps, you can make dynamic blocks that are usable in Design Master Electrical for your plan view.
NOTE: Design Master attributes, such as the connection points for loops and leaders, cannot be modified dynamically. Attribute locations will not change based upon changes to dynamic blocks after they have been inserted on the drawing.
Create the Block
First, you must create a dynamic block with Design Master attributes. If you already have the dynamic block you want to use, open the drawing for the block and skip to Step 6.
- Create a new drawing in AutoCAD.
- Draw the block using standard AutoCAD commands.
- Open the Block Editor. When asked to specify a block, select <Current Drawing>.
- Add parameters and actions the same way as any other dynamic block.
- Save the block and exit the Block Editor.
- Run the Create Plan View Block from This Drawing command.
NOTE: This step is optional, but skipping it will cause loops and leaders to only connect to the insertion point for the block.
- Save the block to your customization folder.
Add the Block to Your Customization
Once the block has been created and saved to your customization folder, you can add it to your project and master databases using the Blocks customization command for the block type.
Ribbon: DME: Customization->Project/Master & Standards Customization-> <Block Type> Blocks
Pulldown Menu: DM Electrical->Customization-><Block Type> Blocks->Edit Project/Master List
You can change the Block Name field to use the new block for an existing entry on the list, or press the New button to create a new entry. For more information about this dialog box, see the Block Creation page of the user manual.
The block can now be selected and used the same way as any other block.