Design Master Plumbing 3.0
Released March 8, 2011
The major new feature in Design Master Plumbing 3.0 is 3D-BIM compatibility with Revit. It also includes various fixes to bugs reported by our customers. If you have any suggestions for features for future releases, you can share them with us on our new wish list.
3D-BIM Compatibility with Revit
This release adds 3D-BIM compatibility with Revit, a feature many of our customers have been asking for. It is not a single feature, but multiple smaller features that together allow you to work with architects on 3D-BIM projects. Together, the features put you in the position of being able to offer 3D coordination on every project you do with Design Master Plumbing.
- IFC Export Commands: The key to 3D coordination is being able to produce a 3D model that can be checked against the other systems in the project. IFC is a vendor-neutral file format that is intended for specifically this type of BIM collaboration. Using this format allows you to design the 3D model in Design Master HVAC and AutoCAD and check it against the architect's model designed in Revit. You have the option to export the whole project, the current drawing, or a single area from the current drawing.
- 3D Pipes: All pipes can be drawn in 3D and exported to the IFC file.
- Pipe Hangers: Hangers for pipes can be drawn in 2D and 3D. The hangers will be included in the IFC file you export for your architect.
- Exterior Pipe Lining: Exterior pipe lining can be included in the 3D model of the pipes. It is not included in the 2D view of the pipes.
- Elevation Labels: Elevation labels can be used to document the top and bottom elevations of the pipes.