Transformer losses can be modeled by using a custom load and setting a fixed load on the transformer.
- Run the Options command.
- In the Circuits, Load Types, and Wire Sizes section, find the Custom Load Type options.
- Enter a name for one of the custom load types, such as “Transformer Loss.” Configure the custom load type with the following settings:
- Calculation method: Fixed demand factor
- Demand factor: 1
- Load type: Continuous
- Open the Transformer dialog box and select the transformer. One way to do this is by using the Transformers command.
- You will need an available lug onto which the load can be placed. You may need to increase the Number of Lugs value by 1.
- Press the Go to Circuiting button.
- Select an available lug and press the Set Circuit Information button.
- Enter the transformer loss value in the Transformer Loss field, as shown below. You will need to calculate the transformer loss manually.
The transformer loss will now appear on upstream panels.