If your company has been operating on a single-user install of Design Master and you want to convert to a multiple-user/network install, follow the steps outlined below for the software you’re using.
Design Master for AutoCAD/BricsCAD
- Download and run the latest installer.
- Install the software on a network folder that all users in the company have access to. If you are installing more than one of our programs, they should all be installed to the same location. Do not install the programs to separate folders.
- Copy the contents of your customization folder to the customization folder on the network. This will save any changes you have made to the customization.
- For more information about this process, visit Backing Up and Transferring Customization Files.
- Follow the instructions for configuring AutoCAD or BricsCAD on the multiple-user installation page to convert the computer currently running Design Master to a network install.
Once the conversion has been completed, perform the standard multiple-user installation for each other computer that will run the software.
Design Master Electrical RT for Revit
- Copy the contents of your customization folder to the network. This will save any changes you have made to the customization.
- For more information about finding your customization folder, visit Electrical RT Customization Folder Location.
- For each computer that will run the software, run the User Options command.
- Set the Customization Folder field to the network location of the customization folder, then press the OK button to save your changes.