Q: How do I draft a diffuser or grille that’s mounted on the side of the duct?
A: Design Master HVAC does not have a command specifically for inserting or connecting duct-mounted diffusers and grilles. However, you can approximate them by inserting the diffuser close to the duct to which it is mounted.
- Define the duct-mounted diffuser in the Diffuser Project Schedule and set the block to one that approximates how the diffuser will be mounted on the duct.
- For diffusers mounted on the side of the duct, the Sidewall block is recommended.
- For diffusers mounted on the top or bottom of the duct, use any other block that resembles how it will look when installed.
- Run the Insert Diffuser command and insert the diffuser so that it lines up with the edge of the ductwork.
- For example, if the duct is 12″ x 12″ and is centered on the duct centerline, insert the diffuser 6″ away from the centerline.
- Connect the diffuser to the duct.
- Run the Draw Double Line (Branch) or Draw Double Line (Window) command to draw the double lines for the duct and diffuser connection.
You may need to adjust the graphics settings and fittings to make the connection look right.